courtly love. SONGS OF Ventadorn BERNAT (France, XII century)
SONG I
Good Lady, I ask nothing but to be your servant
;
serve you as my lord say
deserved award. At your command
am humble, cheerful and polite,
that your taste is not
of beast, as I live.
My "Cortés" where is my command
faith verses that I am not distant. SONG II
When I see the lark, that joyful
to the hot sun moves its wings and dropped
, astounded,
by the sweetness of the heart to come, alas
sad,
feel such envy of all who see joy filled,
that I have to wonder which is not based
my heart, that desire burns. SONG III
I did not have any power over me nor
own me I had to point it at me
enabled in your eyes, my mirror
equal delight.
From that you see me, sweet mirror, sighs
more deep shot me, then I missed
which lost the beautiful Narcissus
the fountain.
ACTIVITIES 1. Located on the first song the typical elements of courtly love. It also indicates what the consolation of love here.
2. Which of the songs contrasts the joy of nature with unfulfilled longing that haunts the lover? Explain your answer.
3. Explain what kind of madness invades the poet in the third song?
0 comments:
Post a Comment